3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What is your age??????????

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 10:03 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: What is your age??????????

33 and holding as hard as I can.

Old 07-29-2005, 10:27 PM
Hemi_Chris
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

37 going on 90 but some days feelin' like 20!

Old 07-29-2005, 10:28 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

im 15

and i dont have a truck yet, but id rather make it go faster than look sweet

Old 07-29-2005, 10:43 PM
DeWalt378G
Record Breaker

Yeah me too. I rather have the performance than all the gaudy BS that people stick on their cars these days. Yeah it may look good, but NO *****! I'm 28, but share most viewpoints with the older rodders.

Old 07-29-2005, 10:58 PM
PRPLHAZ999

Are you complaining? Or are you just trying to show us how big your drive shaft is? 25 by the way!

Old 07-29-2005, 11:01 PM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm 27 as of last month. Does that make me immature? I'm an E-6 (Technical Sergeant) in your United States Air Force. I've been on Active Duty for the last 9 years of my life. I've been married for 8 years and have a wonderful 5 year old little girl. I work hard and do stuff not a lot of people are willing to do to pay for my house and my truck and my family's well being. My wife is 28 and is also active duty.

I understand your frustration, but not everyone comes to this site to make their truck run a 10 second pass. I could honestly care less about having the biggest, baddest engine and truck out there. I could care less about having a show winning custom. Some people are into that stuff...more power to them. I just happen to like my new truck pretty much the way it is. I'll probably put an exhuast system on it eventually, and I might have a question or two from time to time, but I really think that your concerns are better off left unsaid, as you are only wasting your breath.

I think your generalization of the age group is a little out of place and lacks credibility. You say that if someone wants to "talk performance", you're there. Well, if someone wants to talk aesthetics, then turn your head. Don't click on the topic. Pretty simple concept. I've been lurking for quite a while here, and I fail to see the big dilemma caused by the "youngin's", even though that is not my taste in style.

Old 07-29-2005, 11:11 PM
PRPLHAZ999

Well said Chet!
Nice logon name, I can tell you have a 5 yr old. I just recently got out of the AF as an E5 SSgt. Wife is still in and I have a 4 yr old. I believe you are right when you say some things are better left unsaid. Just because I don't run quarters and am under 30 doesn't make me inferior. What about the above 30 crowd that don't have a clue? Do they get a pass?

Old 07-29-2005, 11:31 PM
Hemi_Chris
Professional

Nice post, Chet.

Thanks for serving, BTW.

Old 07-30-2005, 01:05 AM
Scratch
Rookie

Well said. I too am an E-6, but in the Navy. I am 32 and while I like a few the asthetics on cars, I like to keep my cars as stock (looking) as possible. I am into sleepers. I like a lot of power under the hood, but keep the appearace of a vehicle stock. The truck I bought wasn't bought for racing or climbing mountains, I bought it to be able to move things from point A to point B. That is what trucks were built for (if I'm not mistaken). I have a 440 at my Dad's house that will become the race motor for a 73 Cuda if I can ever get my hands on one.

Reading the posts on here, you can soon find out who knows what they are talking about and who does not. For those that do not, I usually get a good laugh. I don't depend on their input to get what I need to do, done. I agree that age usually does not determine intelligence. I have know some really stupid old(er) folks. On the flip side of that, I have also known some really bright young(er) people. I learn as much from an 18-31 year old as I do from a 33-?? year old.

Anyway, drive what you like and like what you drive. Everything else is just transportation.

Old 07-30-2005, 01:06 AM
YeahItsAHemi345
Record Breaker

This is a really good topic but, I'm totally not getting in to it. You'll probably get a whole bunch of kids pissed off. 21, by the way.