3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

experience with front-end 'death wobble', 2006 2500.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 08:42 AM
garrettkwbunk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default experience with front-end 'death wobble', 2006 2500.

hey guys,
i hope you all had a good thanksgiving. i know so called 'death wobble' and steering vibration has been talked about before, this past saturday was my first experience with it. my 2006 2500, 4x4, cummins has right at 70k on it. was on highway doing about 70mph when hit a bump in road cause of the state doin construction when it happened; what an eye opener that was! my truck has 2 inch spacers above front springs and bd-performance steering stabilizer on it.
i know dodges with cummins in them especially, since 1994, have always fault with their front suspensions keeping balljoints, tie-rod ends and track arm bushings in them. with dealing with replaced, i can do most anything my self, have any of you found good replacement upgrades for balljoints? complete aftermarket track arm and/or a good aftermarket bushings? tie rod ends?
i am going to go over my front end in my shop over next couple days when get a chance, im just trying to get a good idea on parts and some helpful info in the mean time. thanks to all!

Old 11-27-2011, 10:19 AM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you plan to go into the entire front end, ball joint, wheel hubs tir rod ends etc, etc

You may also want to consider the front axle u-joints too, there are greasable ones available now, and may help prevent doing near the whole job twice in the not too distant future

Quick Reply: experience with front-end 'death wobble', 2006 2500.