3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

door ajar alarm and blinker problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 11:14 PM
unsound1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default door ajar alarm and blinker problem

having an issue with the door ajar alarm and dome lights , staying on even with doors closed, already checked the door latch and wiring, they all look OK. the strange thing is when I use the turn signal the door ajar light will blinkon and off until I stop using the turn signal. found the post below that sounds exactly like what I am experiencing , anyone have an Idea on what it could be? thanks any help would be greatly appreciated. 2003 dodge ram 1500 hemi quad cab. (70,000 miles ) .

-I get in the truck, and the door ajar light will not turn off, and all interior lights are stuck on. all the doors are shut. Even wierder, is when im driving the truck, when i hit the blinker, the door ajar light blinks off when the blinker lights blink on. Every time the blinker "blinks" on....the door ajar light momentarily shuts off and the interior lights start to turn off. But then...the blinker blinks off and the interior lights brighten up again, and the door ajar light comes back. So they alternate blinker on, ajar light off. blinker off...ajar light on....untill i turn the blinkers off. Also does this with flashers.

Old 03-11-2014, 11:59 AM
c.harvey

I want to know how to rep. the door ajar light that stays on

Old 03-11-2014, 12:04 PM
c.harvey

can anyone tell me how to fix the door ajar light that stays on and top lights stay on please help me get a ansser

Quick Reply: door ajar alarm and blinker problem