3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Silver Rams with Cosmetic Upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 04:57 PM
magnum v8
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silver Rams with Cosmetic Upgrades?

My Ram is an '02 that I bought in '04. Since buying it, I've only upgraded 2 things, both of which were for performance. But now I want to hook up the outside.

If you've got a silver Ram with any aftermarket upgrades, i.e. chrome trim, lights, bumper, stripes, etc., please post pics or just tell. Thanks.

John

Old 08-09-2005, 01:42 AM
Tska
Default RE: Silver Rams with Cosmetic Upgrades?

My friend's got an '03 Hemi QC, Silver. He added a chrome Westin bull bar on the front with 2 PIAA 520's, chrome housing with the ion crystal/amber fogs. He added Westin side step bars, chrome as well. Rain guards and tint on all 4 windows, and new tint across the top of the windshield (8.5" on the sides, state legal is 5.5"). He's got a black stripe on the rear 1/4 panels, a 5" (approx.) vertical stripe with HEMI cut out so that it reads HEMI in silver. Looks awesome, it was an original from a friend with a black Hemi who thought up the idea (at least locally). It's become a lot more popular now. I don't have any pics, I don't think he does, but it looks awesome. Classy but it makes a statement and it's very recognizable with the Westin bar on the front and his Ram head decals on the back window, 2 on opposite sides.

HTH.

Old 08-09-2005, 03:43 AM
JTugwell

Curb Feelers

Old 08-09-2005, 03:46 AM
JTugwell

J/K yeah i agree a bull bar would look good on that truck, maybe even some bed rails

Old 08-09-2005, 06:53 AM
GotHemi?
Professional

Tint, for sure. It really made my truck. Do the headlights and fogs with some superwhite bulbs too. My PIAA's keep blowing out on the third set in 20,000 miles. Next time I am getting the cheap headlight bulbs...and no I did not touch them with my fingers putting them in.

Old 08-23-2005, 12:41 AM
fireman346

in my oppinon black goes great with silver. Ive got an 02 regular cab shortbed 4x4. I have a cromed flame grill, carbon fiber gas door, windows are tinted 5% with a 6in stip on windshield. I also have apc chrome 3d taillights with black taillight guards. Im saving up for black nerf bars and brush guards. When i get pictures i will post them

Old 08-23-2005, 03:27 PM
AZFlyingDiver

Billet fuel door and 22" black & chrome rims. Bling!
Check it out, and let me know what you think...

[IMG]local://upfiles/20056/E9B3FF51EFD74BB6B14A811159FB02C6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/20056/DF460349F1A1461093A7892675C42A26.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-23-2005, 09:12 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: AZFlyingDiver

Billet fuel door and 22" black & chrome rims. Bling!
Check it out, and let me know what you think...

[IMG]local://upfiles/20056/E9B3FF51EFD74BB6B14A811159FB02C6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/20056/DF460349F1A1461093A7892675C42A26.jpg[/IMG]
Well not Silver, but Charcoal is close. Like the rims, but... I know it is always preference but why put a billet cap cover on a truck which has no chrome in it. Painted bumpers, rims, ect. Then a chrome cap?

Old 08-24-2005, 04:33 AM
muddauber5.7
Professional

Take that ugly billet gas cover off that truck,and put the stock one back on. Then your truck will look much better. Maybe your colored blind and didn't notice how gaudy it looks. ha ha just a joke!! No seriously you want people to look at your wheels,and truck as a whole,not just a billet gas door! I don't get why almost everybody buys these damn billet gas doors? Do they give you an extra 10 hp or something,cause I'm missing out!!! They seem to be the greatest thing since sliced bread.[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 08-24-2005, 02:46 PM
AZFlyingDiver

[/quote]
Well not Silver, but Charcoal is close. Like the rims, but... I know it is always preference but why put a billet cap cover on a truck which has no chrome in it. Painted bumpers, rims, ect. Then a chrome cap?
[/quote]

Pic may have come out dark, but the color is "graphite" which looks like a slightly darker shade of silver (definitely not close to charcoal or black), and I thought bumpin' the thread might help get you some feedback...
And the cap is actually a brushed aluminum. I looked at the chrome caps and they're a little tacky for me (then again any fuel door may be tacky to some! lol). I really liked the workmanship of the billet brushed aluminum and the flush-mount (no pull lip sticking out). It's also a true door, not a chrome stick-on. And as a pilot and aviation nut, I guess I like the aircraft-type design. I know it's not for everyone, but I like it!
I do agree about needing a more balanced look, and since I really like the black and chrome type of approach I'm looking into chrome buckets for the door handles (keeping the handles themselves black) and the same for the tailgate. I'm not chroming up the front end, though (except for a billet grille) - I like the low, mean air dam and fog lights I have now. Maybe a functional ram air hood. And maybe a roll pan for the rear with cutouts for dual rear exhausts, but we'll see. It's definitely a work in progress!
Thanks for the feedback - and good luck with your own ride!

Quick Reply: Silver Rams with Cosmetic Upgrades?