3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New to me 05 Ram 1500 QC, but already have an issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 03:07 PM
1SlowFormula
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New to me 05 Ram 1500 QC, but already have an issue

ORIGINAL: scox35

Sweet ride I put the westin bars on mine here is a pic i think they look good.
Sorry to hijack the thread, but are those the same bars the dealer puts on? we have them putting bars on ours in a couple of weeks, we just got the truck last night, only diff is ours has 17's not the 20's...

Old 08-02-2005, 07:26 PM
scox35
Rookie

You will love them they really dress the side up. Do you mind me asking what the dealer is charging for them ? I installed mine myself took 45 min total time pretty easy. Got them online.

Old 08-02-2005, 07:41 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

Looks like a great truck Ross. I don't know what could be the problem, but good luck with it. Yeah if it's under warranty take advantage and get it looked at asap.

-Matt-

Old 08-02-2005, 07:43 PM
LXS4Ross

ORIGINAL: ol blue

I bet'cha that is what is wrong with mine... e-brake. I've had that noise since new. Only once in a while. Stealership (high jacked that name from another user) looked into the dif and found nothing there.

The sound is like a soft howling from take off. Only happens once in a while. Anyways I am not to worried. I got just shy of 10K of milage on Ol' blue.
word...I kinda am leaning towards the e-brake as well. Just by the sound (howling/mild humming noise).

By the way, just filled up today for first time today. $55.00, and that is what I was guessing it would be. About $20 more/full fill than the 4 door sedan I used to have. I just hope to get around 300-320 miles per tank.

I am already sold on the Westin bars. Wiill buy those when money allows. Anyone have recommendations for a good roll up tonneau covers?

Old 08-03-2005, 11:58 AM
1SlowFormula
Professional

You will love them they really dress the side up. Do you mind me asking what the dealer is charging for them ? I installed mine myself took 45 min total time pretty easy. Got them online.
We have not put the order in with the dealer yet, but they quoted us about $520 or so installed.. But they look just like the Westin ones in your pic above and I see the westin bars are listed for half that or cheeper... How hard were they to install? Is welding required? Maybe drilling the frame?

Again sorry to hijack the thread but LXS4Ross seams to want them too.

Old 08-03-2005, 01:05 PM
scox35
Rookie

They were very easy to install no drilling no welding just remove the factory bolt and bolt up the bracket, then install the brace pretty simple. Mine are the stainless steel chrome and they were 479.00 the directions were pretty sad to say the least but once you crawl under the truck you will see. As you looking under the truck the rocker they are talking about for the brace will be on the front side faceing the the new bracket for the bar and should have tape over the hole. that took me a little time to figure out lmao. but over all pretty easy. you will need a torch wrench they claim they need to be torched to 35fp and 65fp i think. Good Luck let me know if you have any problems and i can post some pictures if needed. There are some bars made by them that are a little cheeper if the budget is low.

Old 08-03-2005, 02:02 PM
Phatboy
Professional

Do you use the e-brake on a regular basis? I use mine pretty regular, I was told that is the way the back brakes set themselves. That may be BS, but on my 04 I havent had any noise issues. I am picking up my 05 this afternoon and I will keep a keen ear out for any strage noises. It might just be the pads need replacing, If they have gotten crystalized it may cause that noise at low speed. Just a thought.

Old 08-03-2005, 03:05 PM
1SlowFormula
Professional

They were very easy to install no drilling no welding just remove the factory bolt and bolt up the bracket, then install the brace pretty simple. Mine are the stainless steel chrome and they were 479.00 the directions were pretty sad to say the least but once you crawl under the truck you will see. As you looking under the truck the rocker they are talking about for the brace will be on the front side faceing the the new bracket for the bar and should have tape over the hole. that took me a little time to figure out lmao. but over all pretty easy. you will need a torch wrench they claim they need to be torched to 35fp and 65fp i think. Good Luck let me know if you have any problems and i can post some pictures if needed. There are some bars made by them that are a little cheeper if the budget is low.
Thanks for the info.. I just looked them up on Westin's site and the part number is 26-2310 for the stainless steel chrome ones... I see 4wheelparts.com has it listed for 485.99 (not sure about shipping) but summit racing has it listed for 389.95 + shipping... Either way, I think these might be beter quality then the ones the dealer wanted to use. Plus they have a lifetime warranty against rust because they are stainless, cool... I might be doing these myself after all...

Again thanks for the info...
BTW, if anyone wants the link here it is, they also have the install instructions online...

Old 08-03-2005, 08:16 PM
LXS4Ross

thanks for doing some of my homework for me 1SlowFormula...lol

I live somewhat close to the Summit store in Ohio, perhaps I can go pick up them up and install those. $390 seems like a decent price.

Old 08-04-2005, 10:16 AM
tazassape
Amateur

Since you are not the original owner I think the warranty must be purchased. Just something you might check on. Welcome to the world of the HEMI.

Quick Reply: New to me 05 Ram 1500 QC, but already have an issue