3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ok, so i got rid of the trailer hitch and spare , lost ~130lbs , But......

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 10:24 AM
HemiRam1566
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just removed myn because when i installed my led strip underneath the tail gate it covers the opening where you crank the spare down so i figured once the led strip is on i cant take it down. and like i said above its to small so its no good to me

Old 01-01-2012, 11:58 AM
CharlieEscobar
Professional

Not every flat can be plugged.

Master engineers have spent decades perfecting the proper weight and overall suspension performance for trucks.

The extra weight doesn't amount to much, until someone cuts you off in the rain or you hit a pea gravel curve and go into a tailspin. If you ride a motorcycle then you know how true this is.

I've spent alot of money, on alot of projects over a couple of decades and learned the hard way that less doesn't equal more. Its no different than these kids nowadays taking off their rear bumpers and slapping on a roll pan- it's all good until they get owned on a rear-ender, or just try to sell the truck.

But thats just my 2 cents bud. Good luck.

Old 01-01-2012, 02:19 PM
moto-science

In the wet I'm not trying to prove anything with a 135" wheelbase....
I don't think it makes a difference in 'normal' handling. I'll keep the bracket
and buy another to cut off the bumper mounts.

You get rear ended, there will frame damage with or without this hunk of bracket. The bracket makes every truck "tow option ready" just add the factory receiver. If you don't ever tow....

The more mpg we get with these barges , the more we like them...
I looked at all the domestic trucks : Dodge is the best of the bunch for drivetrain technology, ride/handling and DIY access.

Quick Reply: Ok, so i got rid of the trailer hitch and spare , lost ~130lbs , But......