3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2007 Ram 1500 Hemi front differential Leak

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 09:34 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by barncat
My first post here, and sadly it's about an issue . I have a 2007 with the same issue. Just noticed it tonight. If you could get the Part number, that would be great. I have access to the lift, but would like to know the exact part/s to order.
Barncat,

If you are going to buy the part from the dealer just bring in your VIN when you order the part. While it is most likely the same part number as the other poster used, many times part numbers are superseded or are slightly different in design depending on when the vehicle was built, options, etc.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:54 AM
dodgetruck?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seal Part #

Not sure about the part #, I already threw away the packaging. I just went to the dealer and gave them the last 8 digits of the VIN and told them I needed the passenger side axle seal and they pulled it up. The seal has a square 4 bolt mounting on it, should be pretty easy for them to identify. I checked with all the major parts stores, but none of them carried it. Hope that helps.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:41 AM
barncat

I just called my dealer and ordered the seal with the four bolts, and the cv seal. I can't tell which one is leaking, so I figured better safe than sorry.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:19 AM
Ramfresh

I just had my truck in for final warranty work for 2 cv shafts and seals, 80km so I should be good for another 80km. Not a very solid design dodge made....seals are exposed to all elements which like mentioned earlier dirt and oil make sand which wears seal....totally unavoidable because of this design. If u have a profuse leak then it's serious if it's just a couple drips nothing to be too concerned with. Just make sure oil level is up or u risk of damaging the front diff as it always turns. Overall very happy with my reuck

Quick Reply: 2007 Ram 1500 Hemi front differential Leak