3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2006 Ram Mega Cab 5.7L Stalled

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 10:35 AM
LiftedMegaCab Ram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Ram Mega Cab 5.7L Stalled

Hello, I am new here posting but have been browsing a lot. Anyways, I have had my truck for about 2 weeks and has ran great when I got it the Mopar CAI Filter was extremely clogged So I changed it with a brand new k&n filter. Truck was running great and still is, One problem I started my truck this morning on break at work and while backing out the truck stalled, Started right up with no issues and seems to be running ok. Should this be something i'm worried about? What could have caused this? Any help with this would be great.

Also, I should mention I was backing out and the wheels were cut all the way to the right. I dont know if this makes a difference or not.

Last edited by LiftedMegaCab Ram; 02-06-2012 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Update
Old 02-06-2012, 01:57 PM
extremis
Professional

If its not throwing a check engine light, or has any error codes (need a reader for that) than probably not a worry.If you had the steering over hard, then it probably just loaded it a bit too much when the idle was a bit low. I've had a couple of our work trucks do that to me. No big deal unless it starts doing it lots.
You may want to check the state of your spark plugs if there is a few miles on the truck. If the previous owner never changed them, then they may be due. Also, run some injector cleaner through the fuel system may help smooth things a bit. Do all the regular service type items you would on a new to you truck and away you go.

Old 02-06-2012, 02:06 PM
LiftedMegaCab Ram

Awesome that's what I figured, The idle seems to stay at about 650 no matter what even if I turn the wheel far or not, i could see that causing a problem as it has 33'2 on it . I will do general maintenance and hopefully all should be well. The truck runs so great I was shocked when it happened.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:12 PM
pitbull24
Veteran

I know parking megacabs are tough. The full crank stall happened to me once, and now I make sure I park where I do not need to do a 3 point turn or crank hard, never happened again.

Quick Reply: 2006 Ram Mega Cab 5.7L Stalled