3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

50-70mph vibration

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 04:46 PM
cyrillic1979
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50-70mph vibration

First of all I want to say that I'm new here and you have a great forum, I searched as hard as I could for an answer to this, but couldn't find the same symtoms. So I have an 07 ram 5.7hemi QC 4X4 35,000miles, stock. I have a vibration in the gas pedal, floor, and steering wheel like others have talked about, but mine DOESN'T go way by any means. It's always there from 50mph till 70mph worst at about 60mph and tampering off to the high and low. So I tried all these things and the vidration is still there: shifting into nuetral so the RPMs drop to 600, turing on "tow/haul" & "overdrive off" (not MDS related), excelerating hard and soft, I've replaced the goodyear tire with very expensive Michelin tire because others have reported that solves it, I've tried wiggling all the driveline components and nothing seems lose like a tie rod, wheel bearing, or u-joint. I've done all my own work on every car/truck I've owned and never been stumped like this before. Has anyone ever actually solved this problem? I see alot of post from people that say they have a similar vibration, but i never seem to find a reply where they found the problem and solution. Thanks for any help.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:27 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Old 02-07-2012, 11:36 PM
LU229
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cyrillic1979
First of all I want to say that I'm new here and you have a great forum, I searched as hard as I could for an answer to this, but couldn't find the same symtoms. So I have an 07 ram 5.7hemi QC 4X4 35,000miles, stock. I have a vibration in the gas pedal, floor, and steering wheel like others have talked about, but mine DOESN'T go way by any means. It's always there from 50mph till 70mph worst at about 60mph and tampering off to the high and low. So I tried all these things and the vidration is still there: shifting into nuetral so the RPMs drop to 600, turing on "tow/haul" & "overdrive off" (not MDS related), excelerating hard and soft, I've replaced the goodyear tire with very expensive Michelin tire because others have reported that solves it, I've tried wiggling all the driveline components and nothing seems lose like a tie rod, wheel bearing, or u-joint. I've done all my own work on every car/truck I've owned and never been stumped like this before. Has anyone ever actually solved this problem? I see alot of post from people that say they have a similar vibration, but i never seem to find a reply where they found the problem and solution. Thanks for any help.
Ther is a TSB for earlier hemi trucks as far back as 2005 for installing OEM chrysler weight ballasts on the "Y" pipe on the exhaust system. Ther are a few posts in here as well as other dodge & ram truck forums about it. If i happen across it i will post it in here for you. Do a search for yourself on it too and see what you come up with. I had this very same issue with my 2005 hemi truck and the OEM exhaust ballast`s fixed it 100%. I also have the part number somewhere for the ballasts, if i locate that too, i will post it in here. Its been a long time since i owned my 2005, so bare with me and i`ll see what i can dig up from old info that i might still have on it.

Quick Reply: 50-70mph vibration