3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Illegal not to have front plates in TX?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 07:38 AM
04 Hemi
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Illegal not to have front plates in TX?

Guess iam going to leave mine on, no point in putting an effort to take them of, then getting a ticket.
If i would have one on i probably would have left it like that.
Thanks for the Info. fellas.

Old 08-20-2005, 01:22 PM
stump_breaker
Captain

No front plate used to be a $2500 fine many years ago. I think now it's just a standard ticket. Last ticket I got - about 3 weeks ago - had a spot on the back that said no front license plate, $180.

Old 08-20-2005, 07:48 PM
nukemsram

Yes, I was speeding in a Plymouth Breeze. You can call BS all you want. I got a ticket doing 73 (slowed down from 80 before I got caught) in a 55 in Wichita Falls. And I got a ticket for 50 in a 40 in Schertz. I personally have managed to get the Breeze up to 105 mph and my wife hit 110 once. If you don't think you can't get a speeding ticket in a Breeze, then you don't know what you're talking about or you just can't drive.

Oh yeah, 80 in a 65 in Cairo, Illinois

Old 08-20-2005, 10:24 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

I had a '96 Neon a few years back and the fastest it would go with the a/c on was 114 mph, but fortunately was never caught doing so...

Anyway I am attaching a picture that was taken back in 1996 one day when my buddy and I were at a local dealership to pickup 2 GTS's that had just come in and what to our disgust did we find on these beautiful machines... some dumbass had installed the front license plate brackets on them without even asking us. We were totally pissed! Needless to say they have never done that to us again since then.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3774/CCA818BC511949CBBF1F4B35118CB614.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-22-2005, 12:22 AM
magnethead
Legend
Received 161 Likes on 148 Posts

we have front plates on our ram, but we didnt have them on the monte carlo we traded for the ram. MOST cops probably wont bother you about it unless you have something major that makes them pull you over, then they might mention it. My dad was caught speeding many a time in the monte carlo, but cops never bothered him on the missing front plate. We even had the bracketry and plate for the front end in the trunk incase they did ask.

In the camaro, we have a removable face head unit and a speaker box that takes up the entire cargo compartment behind the back seeats (dual 12's). Plain as day to see. Most that has been stolen off it are the hubcaps.

Quick Reply: Illegal not to have front plates in TX?