3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Exhaust advice please

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 11:45 PM
Sammy65
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Exhaust advice please

Hey Guys, I have a new to me 2008 Ram 1500 CCSB with 5.7 hemi. Have always been a fan of true duals, but have a few questions about this system. Can someone please explain the purpose of a resonator? Should I remove it? What will be the result? Can one SI/DO muffler give me the sound of duals? How much exhaust can flow thru a single 3" compared to dual 2.5"? I want deep and throaty, but not too obnoxious while still being noticed. Programming out the O2 sensor sounds do-able, but would that have to be redone every time the battery goes dead? This would enable cat delete I think. Advice appreciatted.

Old 02-18-2012, 03:54 PM
1wide7
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes you can remove the resonator
Yes a single in dual out will give the same sound as true dual
Two 2.5" pipes will outflow a single 3"

obviously the best option for flow and performance would be true dual with an x pipe
But if you just want the sound and a slight hp gain than single in dual out is the way to go and its alot cheaper

Old 02-19-2012, 12:35 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Not a way to program out the O2s without custom tuning though Diablo and that can get pricey at $250 +/-. It wont matter if the battery goes dead though. A cheaper solution are non-foulers to trick the O2s.

Quick Reply: Exhaust advice please