3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

6.1L Intake

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 11:02 AM
SLT8
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 06Dak4.7Silver
Looks awsome, brother. How much WHP did you gain with this manifold?
No sure as its never seen the dyno but from other threads there is not much difference between the 6.1 and truck intake. A lot still comes down to supporting mods.. Main reason was to dress up the bay and i got a great price on the manifold and most of the accessories to do the conversion.

Originally Posted by abarmby
You know....looking at the OP's original pics...our untouched engine bays are a mess of wires and plumbing lol.
Looks soooo much better with the ac removed and the 6.1 intake.
Mind you .....I would still need my AC even in the UK
Al.
Mine is a bad example as the before pics show 8 years of build up. Those pics gave me the inspiration to give the bay some attention and considering what she has been through the last 8 years i must say that she has held up great. Least i could do is give her a well deserved make over.

There are some great looking 3G 5.7 bays though.

Here it is w/ the AC attached. Still looks good though. I took it off just to clean it up more and that its not so much a DD anymore.

Its actually the heater i prob' could not live without lol.

Quick Reply: 6.1L Intake