3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Broken Fog Lamp

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 04:18 PM
douggr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken Fog Lamp

Hey Everyone,

Well, I've only had my '03 Ram QC 4x4 HEMI for 2.5 weeks now and I just broke my first part on it. I broke the glass on the driver side fog lamp. It still works, it's just that only 1/2 the glass is there now. I called my local Dodge dealership and they want $130 for just the one lamp assembly. I told him I only wanted one and he said that was the cost of one. Anyone know if I can replace just the glass? I haven't had a chance to tear it apart yet. I'll do that tonight. And is that a good price? Is there an aftermarket replacement that's cheaper?

Old 08-09-2005, 09:24 PM
billbeam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Broken Fog Lamp

Check eBay, whole kit for $121.95. A L/H Lamp is $70.00

Old 08-13-2005, 03:38 PM
bullitt1229
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Broken Fog Lamp

I had the same problem and I went ahead and bought a whole new kit through the dealership. They were running a special at the time and I got everything for ~$169. This included two new fog lamps, wiring, bezels, the whole nine yards. All I needed was the one foglamp, but the foglamps are interchangeable meaning the left can go on the right and vice versa. I didn't need all the other stuff, so I turned around and sold all the parts I didn't need on ebay for ~$60. If I were you, I would look into going in that direction. But that is just my opinon.

Quick Reply: Broken Fog Lamp