3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Engine wiring upgrade - 2003 5.7 to 2004/2005

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 05:04 PM
DanielHemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Killer wiring job..

I need a harness like that.. Tell me how much and where... and I need it yesterday.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:35 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DanielHemi
I need a harness like that.. Tell me how much and where... and I need it yesterday.
I got first dibs!! I am so hoping forone before I try to do it myself. Do you have the PCM and main harness yet?

Old 04-26-2012, 07:01 PM
DanielHemi

I have not started actively shopping for either, but I checked ebay and the pcm's go for $100-$150 for a 2005. Pretty cheap, I would say. Now all I have to do is get a wrecking yard to pull the full harness for me. Then comes the tedious part, I would not call it hard, just time consuming. Well worth it. Especially to compensate for all of the engine work done to it.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:05 PM
T-Muns
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hoping to make more progress this weekend! I have everything I need to put this KRC 210 in and I haven't even found the time for that yet!

Old 05-13-2012, 10:31 PM
T-Muns
Veteran

Got some work on the harness this past week so I should have it done by the end of the week. I've had a lot of PMs about these so I'm trying to get a system down to knock a few out as soon as possible. Stay tuned...

Old 10-12-2012, 10:53 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Any updates?

Old 10-12-2012, 10:59 PM
T-Muns
Veteran

The harness has been sitting on my workbench for quite a while. I need to solder the 2/2 O2 connector and like 2 other ground wires then it's done. I've just been so busy with everything, I haven't had a chance to work on it. Maybe I'll finish it up this weekend! I need tires and other truck parts, so I need to fund them

Old 11-08-2012, 12:57 PM
DanielHemi
Default Wiring upgrade

Hey all,

It's been awhile since I checked in about this thread. I bought a partial wiring harness and ECU from a 2005 Ram Hemi and have been planning to get this wiring swap done since April-May. Then I got a job (which is very good) and started paying bills...and saving money to foot the bill for more mods on this truck. I want to do a remote mounted twin turbo setup on this thing one day soon. Ooh yeah. But I need to do the wiring upgrade to make this truck easier to tune. Anyway, no work has been done on my Hemi and the weather has turned bad out here in Oregon. Rain, cold, and I have no garage to work on this thing and I sure as heck am not doing this in the rain and wind.
But, I will do it as soon as I can find a dry space to do it in. I am still hoping to post step by step pictures and instructions for everyone's benefit.

So I need to ask: Does anyone know if the Exhaust Gas Recirculation, EGR valve, can be bypassed or deleted without the check engine light tripping? The 2004/05 Ram 1500 Hemi's have them, but the 2003 Ram 1500 does not. I heard the 2500 Hemi's don't have them in 04-05, but that does no good for me in this area, unless I could get a 2500 Ram ECU.

Old 11-08-2012, 01:05 PM
T-Muns
Veteran

I hear you on the bad weather I'm in the process of rebuilding my rear end in the cold driveway since the truck sits too high for the garage.

Turbo setup sounds sweet. You can turn off the EGR with a custom tune, which you'll need for the turbo anyway. A 2500 PCM will remove the CEL for EGR. I did that successfully, but my infinity amplifier was beeping and I didn't feel like dealing with it.

Old 11-08-2012, 01:19 PM
DanielHemi
Default Driveway work

Yeah, driveway work is not fun. My driveway is narrow, old asphalt which the jack sinks into, and pools water. And I share it with the in-laws. That's why I don't even try to work on it. I hope you at least have concrete to sit on. Busted knuckles hurt even more when it's cold out too.

The EGR valve thing irritates me, since I have a cat delete electronics gizmo. I would like to see if I could do the same with the EGR and get a module to delete it too. I can't afford to get a custom tune on this right now, then go back for a tune for boost. I will have to see if I can do an inline resistor to fool the PCM.
Live and learn.

Quick Reply: Engine wiring upgrade - 2003 5.7 to 2004/2005