3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

question about the instrument lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 01:56 AM
catawissarocket
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about the instrument lights

When I left for work last night I saw that. The lights behind the ***** where you turn the fan up and the temp and where adjust flow of of air are partly blown out. Real dim to see. I take some of the bulbs blew. Is it pretty easy. To pull the face off to add new ones? Didn't really look at it yet. Hope it isn't a pain to do.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:39 AM
NV290
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by catawissarocket
When I left for work last night I saw that. The lights behind the ***** where you turn the fan up and the temp and where adjust flow of of air are partly blown out. Real dim to see. I take some of the bulbs blew. Is it pretty easy. To pull the face off to add new ones? Didn't really look at it yet. Hope it isn't a pain to do.
It's very easy to do. You simply pull the dash panel around the radio off (on my 06', there are two screws above the cup holder cutout holding it in place) and when the panel comes off, you can just twist out the bulb holders in the back of the A/C control.

Watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih_mGM_25T8 at around 2 minutes in he shows how to pull the panel off and around 5 minutes in, he shows the back of the A/C control.

Last edited by NV290; 03-12-2012 at 09:42 AM.

Quick Reply: question about the instrument lights