3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Suggestions on Subs

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 11:34 PM
Jollygreenjhk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions on Subs

I just bought a 05 Ram quad cab. Lovin it by the way... but one thing that i have found out is that i'm missing my system that was in my old car. i'm finding out that the room up under the seat is a lot harder to fill than the trunk of my car. All of the subs that i can fit up under are ones that i don't know anything about from personal experience. I yall could leave me some suggestions on great soundin subs. I'm looking for clarity and window shaking...

Old 08-11-2005, 11:43 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Default RE: Suggestions on Subs

http://www.jlaudio.com/stealthbox/ramquadcab.html

JL Audio is one of the top brands in sub's today....it's a decent unit and I have seen one in a Dakota.....sounded good.....

http://www.subthump.com/dodgeram.htm

This link is for a stealth like dual sub enclosure.....you could then place whatever set of subs you wanted into it.... they are made for 8, 10, 12in subs and they work really well....they would actually fit UNDER your rear seats and be out of view.....$139

It's merely a suggestion....lemme know if you want anymore info.....

Old 08-12-2005, 12:11 AM
cjmrdc
Rookie

[sm=imsorry.gif]

Old 08-12-2005, 03:15 AM
grayhemi
Professional

Only down side is it looks like you would lose use of the foldout metal shelf thing, which I find incredibly useful

Old 08-12-2005, 03:44 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

It's a tradeoff unfortunately....if you want a real decent soundsystem....which i gather he does......you would have to sacrifice the space.....however.....these are merely ideas....there are other ways of gettin it done

Old 08-12-2005, 04:46 AM
04 Hemi
Amateur

Or you can use only the passenger or driver side for one sub and the other side for loading.
Best of the both world.

Old 08-12-2005, 12:23 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Well the first setup does exactly that....it utilizes only one side of the rear seating.....

Also, there are subwoofer boxes out there that replace the utility box with a smaller one while also having one 8-10" subwoofer built into it as well

Old 08-12-2005, 10:21 PM
Jollygreenjhk

i don't really mind missin the space under my seat... the only things that are there now are some trash. i was looking at those boxes and the only thing is that i was told that i would not have enough space to put a decent size magnet under there. the only ones that i have been told that would fit are the alpine type s's, have heard them.. not impressed, and diamond audio ds5's, they just did not give me the bump i was lookin for... the jl's you said have a few different levels and the only ones that i have heard personally are the w7s and i know that there is deff. no room for them...

Old 08-13-2005, 01:20 AM
HemiBuell
Captain

I used to build boxes for a local shop. There is definitely no room for a decent sub anywhere in the quadcab I have. I am going to have to lose the rear seat and build a smaller bench to get anything in there. Which I don't want to do.

On the subject, a friend mentioned to me he saw some flat blaupunkt subs at a show. I am going to check these out. Supposedly they are only a couple inches thick. He didn't hear them though. If they work, they would be perfect. However, if they did work, I think I would have heard about them by now.

I'll let you know if I dig anything up.

Old 08-13-2005, 02:10 AM
grayhemi
Professional

Here is a link for those compact Blaupunkt subs you mentioned Overdrive Subs. Seem pretty expensive to me, a 10" sub is 399.95....

Quick Reply: Suggestions on Subs