3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Got my new running boards put on today

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 01:41 AM
Road Warrior
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my new running boards put on today

Since getting my new truck the last of June, I've been wanting/needing a set of running boards. Everyone around here has the nerf style tube bars on their trucks that do little to protect the rocker panels from rocks and other flying objects, so I wanted to go with traditional style boards.

All the local parts stores wanted almost $350 for a set of cab-length aluminum diamond plate boards, but I found these from JC Whitney for $170, including tax, shipping was free.

I was skeptical ordering from them, I know they have a lot of inferior/cheap stuff, but they have a money back guarantee on everything so I figured it was worth a try.

I got them today parcel post and put them on in about 2 hours. I am happy with them, they seem to be solid enough and the finish is good too.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17915/5997FF2E793346A784CAC5ECE0643DBB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-12-2005, 04:49 AM
HEMI_n_Cali
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Got my new running boards put on today

There lookin good. I want to wait untill i lift my truck in a couple years before i bother getting them. I think of them now as just in the way. My 06 Durango came with them. and i just step over them and scratch up my leg. So i dont bother with them on my truck. Good price you paid too. Id like to find a good price on electric ones that open when you open the door.

Quick Reply: Got my new running boards put on today