3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Something I don't understand about intakes

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 03:29 AM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Something I don't understand about intakes

Hey Hank, I think you just won the record for the longest post on this forum, damn!

And as for the SRT hoods and the power they increase how about NONE! They arent connected to anything even on the SRT Ram, they are just open to the engine compartment letting it get dirtier and possibly making it cooler(only when moving) in there by a very few degrees, its all about looks... The SRT Ram has an airbox similar to any other Rams airbox.

And addressing the cold-air intake posts: this is precisely why I ran my intake tube down below my front bumper. If you have a RAM that doesnt have the fog lights you can easily use the passenger side hole for your cool air intake point and then you will have true ram-air and you will notice the difference. I noticed the incresase in performance the first day I installed my system, I just have to be careful when it rains really heavy or remove the flex-tube from around the filter element(cone shaped) so I dont run the risk of sucking any water into the intake.

Quick Reply: Something I don't understand about intakes