3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hello everyone

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 12:46 PM
TArmer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello everyone

I just joined the forum today and wanted to say hello to everyone. I live here in San Diego and am the proud owner of a 2005 Ram 2500 with the diesel. I am have a few issues with it now and hoping that your expertise will help me out.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:55 PM
TArmer
Default Alignment issues

Took my truck in to get yet another alignment done and I was told that I need the steering up-grade and upper ball joints. The truck right now will not align, pulls to the right. Can I get some advice on this issue?

Old 04-10-2012, 11:38 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

Welcome to DF
I will move your post to the 3rd Gen Ram section. The members are very knowledgeable.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:55 PM
Dudemanbrother
Professional

The Mopar Steering Upgrade Kit for the Dodge Ram comes with tie-rod, drag link, and latest pitman arm. You also need to get a steering damper. The upper ball joint comes preassembled in a new upper control arm. Replacing all of this should take you about 1.5 hrs per side if you are of average mechanical ability. Then you should be able to get your alignment. Did they check your brakes too? That can also cause your truck to pull to one side.