3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

trx-off road pkg sen fuse under hood

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 02:12 PM
ttrap84
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool trx-off road pkg sen fuse under hood

I did a search and found no real answer to this. I was hooking up my brake controler today and checked to make sure I had a fuse for the controler, but while I had the fuse box open I found there is a empty slot It says trx-off road pkg sen fuse and in the manual it says **NOTE INSERT 5A FUSE TO ACTIVATE TRX4 CAPABILTIES** Now I have a TRX4 but this fuse is missing does anyone know what this is for or what it does?

Perhaps it enables a better craw speed or idle or something from the computer when in 4wheel drive to make it better then a normal 4wheel drive?

I have know Idea!!

Old 04-14-2012, 01:58 AM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know, My 06 2500 has a fuse slot for a SRT10 sub woofer, a automatic trasmisson ( I have a 6sp man) and CTD engine controler ( or some thing CTD related, 5.7 hemi)

Throw in a fuse just to see what you get!!

Old 04-14-2012, 06:51 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

TRX4 Off-road group includes : on/off-road OWL tires, TRX4 Off-road decals, tow hooks, skid plates, anti-spin rear differential, fog lamps and Sirius sat radio.

I would say it's either for your Sirius or your Fogs. I have both and dont have a TRX package and I dont believe I have a fuse in that slot either?? I'd have to go look.

Maybe it's an "Insert fuse here to feel special" kinda deal???...lol

Last edited by dirtydog; 04-14-2012 at 06:55 AM.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:26 PM
Senomar_DTK
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember a thread about the same question awhile back but I wouldn't know where to find it. I have the same thing and I put a fuse in it and I don't think I have noticed anything...

Old 04-14-2012, 08:41 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Senomar_DTK
I remember a thread about the same question awhile back but I wouldn't know where to find it. I have the same thing and I put a fuse in it and I don't think I have noticed anything...
You never really notice things you are used to having. Take the fuse out and report back in a week to let us know what you fdont have anymore....lol

Quick Reply: trx-off road pkg sen fuse under hood