3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

to the 5.9 guys

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 02:15 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default to the 5.9 guys

I swapped out the cherrybomb extreme for the flowmaster 10 it sounds so much better here is a driving video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMoMC...1&feature=plcp

quality of my phone sucks hope to get a video camera video soon !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-W7I...hannel&list=UL

rev video

if you have a youtube video please sub and leave a comment

i thought the cherrybomb extreme was to raspy and popping , this flowmaster sounds deep and mean, sounds more of a v8 now and i kinda hear more of a lope with my 1.7 harland sharps. throttle resonce seems better too.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:09 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't know how it could sound much different, the FM10 is a clone of the CB Extreme, although they are made of different materials.

Have a buddy with a Z71 who went the other way, from a FM10 to a CB Extreme and nobody could tell he changed anything.

Is the ONLY difference the muffler???

Although I have heard two different 4.7 Rams with the CB Extreme, one a side exit right behind the cab and the other a dual out the rear and the side exit one does pop a LOT where the dual rear truck never pops and is MUCH deeper, so I guess differences in piping, location, etc. can make a big difference...

Old 04-14-2012, 07:25 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

From what I read the chamber is diffrent , one is a "v" and other one is a ""L"

It's a totally diffrent sound to me now. I dunno

Old 04-14-2012, 09:37 PM
freestyledude
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Between me and my friends we have done DOZENS of exhaust systems on trucks, and the thickness of the pipe, location of the muffler within the tubing, and length/size of tubing makes almost as big of a difference as a muffler alone.

Quick Reply: to the 5.9 guys