3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New to the Ram Family, What's the Scoop on the Ram Air Hoods?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 02:39 PM
xJO98
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the Ram Family, What's the Scoop on the Ram Air Hoods?

Hi all, newbie here with an '05 Hemi Ram 1500. I'm not ready to head into modification mode yet but I'm sure in a couple of years, I'll probably change my mind. Exhaust systems have already crossed my mind. I am intrigued by the functional Ram Air hoods offered at www.ramairhood.com. Does anyone have one? Did you notice an appreciable power increase, especially in the lower RPM ranges? How's the quality of the hood/paint? It's a sweet looking hood and I know that the Trans Am WS6 and the last produced Camaro SS benefited from Ram Air technology but is it worth the $1100 for the Ram?

Old 08-14-2005, 08:13 PM
HemiBuell
Captain
Default RE: New to the Ram Family, What's the Scoop on the Ram Air Hoods?

That thing looks mean. I can see you actually getting something out of that intake.

One thing, I have installed many aftermarket hoods in the past. Very few of them didn't need some modifications after the test fit, before paint. Especially the fiberglass ones. To make them perfect they had to be banged around just a bit. So if you get a hood from these guys completely painted that may be a problem.

-Chris

Old 08-14-2005, 10:37 PM
xJO98
Rookie
Default RE: New to the Ram Family, What's the Scoop on the Ram Air Hoods?

Thaks for the tip. Probably worth my while to get it unpainted and let my local body shop install it and paint it up.

Quick Reply: New to the Ram Family, What's the Scoop on the Ram Air Hoods?