3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

shift lever / trans problem for nv3500 trans?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 09:38 PM
ramracing4.7ltr
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shift lever / trans problem for nv3500 trans?

alright here is the story truck has 184 k miles currently , at 100 k tranny and clutch replaced due to low oil and and throw out bearing very loud and was done. at around 140 k i had accident with truck involving breaking the shift lever , stick only. from this point on my trans kept popping out of first gear 50% of the time,so to reduce this , i would have to hold in 1st gear at stop lights and at idle to reduce it from popping out then went to about 95% of the time. 150 k clutch needs replaced again / throw out bearing very loud again? with stage 3 clutch.....at 180 k clutch needs replaced again with another stage 3 clutch...????? I got tired of of it , so last month i had them rebuild tranny , replace clutch (yes 3rd time) (mechanic has no reason why, blaming it on driver error which i dont think you can blow 3 stage 3 clutches easy and im a good driver) , replace flywheel and sleeve ( yes again!) and replaced all synchros as well. Now a new problem occurs, 3,4,5 gears shake the shifter like crazy at 3000 plus rpms , and 1st , 4th , and 5th gear now randomly pop out !!!!! Had mechanic look at it , says maybe the shifter...searching all over the web and cant find a damn shifter for this thing aftermarket nor oem.....i have found a 2nd gen shifter ( also for nv3500) and now wondering ....1 ) will this shifter work? 2) do you think it is the shifter/ shift lever???? any feedback appreciated ...thanks yall

Quick Reply: shift lever / trans problem for nv3500 trans?