3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Gibson Stainless SuperTruck Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 10:20 PM
HemiBuell
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gibson Stainless SuperTruck Exhaust

I know, another f'n exhaust thread. Whatever.

Got mine installed yesterday, sounds mean, looks good, and you can definitely tell the truck is breathing easier. Don't think I gained any power, not that I expected it. Cheap too, $360 to my door from Summit.

The point of posting another exhaust thread you ask? Well it's simple, quality!!!

I have to absolutely rave about this system. I install a lot of crap for people as a second income. Let me tell you, most of it is junk relative to the retail price. This Gibson exhaust is completly superior to everything I have seen and could even be better than Borla quality. The welds are immaculate, and it fit great. From my experience most exhaust systems need to be tweaked to be perfectly level. I use straight edges and levels on every system I install. Guess what, didn't need to touch this exhaust. Hung so easy, fit great on the first try.

If you think about it from a manufacturing stand point, you would assume it would be hard as hell to produce this exhaust straight with the two square tips hanging out. Let me tell you those things came out flush and level on the first try.

I just installed a suckmaster system the other day on a chevy. What a load. I know what a good and bad weld looks like, well I made my prediction on this system as to where the first weld would break at. The kid didn't think it was too funny, but I warned him before he bought it.

After seeing so much crap on the market, I had to voice my pleasure with this system.

Good job Gibson.

-Chris

Old 08-19-2005, 10:19 AM
mill500
Veteran
Default RE: Gibson Stainless SuperTruck Exhaust

How's the sound? I'd like something that makes you know you have a Hemi when you step on it, but I'm not in high school anymore (by about 30 yrs) and still like to have conversations with my wife (for some reason) when driving so I don't want the loudest thing out there.

Old 08-19-2005, 02:34 PM
Matt

I got it on my truck and its not too loud unless you're running wide open. At idle and cruising it has a good deep mellow sound. Definetely worth the money

Old 08-19-2005, 04:24 PM
mpd2436
Professional

$360 to your door? How did you get that price? I checked and they want over $500 for my 04 Dodge.

Old 08-19-2005, 08:16 PM
HemiBuell
Captain

Sounds great at speed, loud when you open it up all the way. It is fine for driving around town and talking to your passenger. I'm not in high school either, so I agree about a too loud exhaust. Gets old real fast going to work on a cold morning, when you feel like ****, haven't had a coffe yet and have to listen to an obnoxious exhaust.

It was definitely $360 to the door. I have a Summit account for my business so I get a very small discount, usually ends up equal to the shipping costs. I think you are looking at the wrong exhaust for $500. This is the one that comes out the passenger side in front of the rear wheel. It's different and looks great. Everyone has straight pipes or dual dumps behind the wheels. That's boring. Customizing your vehicle is about having something a bit different in my opinion.

Quick Reply: Gibson Stainless SuperTruck Exhaust