3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No Power to the Starter

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 12:29 PM
Thomahizo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also thanks for the links Weed!!

Old 06-13-2012, 12:01 PM
Thomahizo

Ok im throwing $40 at it today and getting an ignition switch... Hope this fixes it. I will keep everyone posted.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:01 AM
Thomahizo

So the ignition switch didnt fix it... Took it to the dealership... I will let everyone know what the problem is when they call me... Thanks again for everyones help. My guess is the TIPM... any other takers?

Old 06-15-2012, 07:56 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Thomahizo
So the ignition switch didnt fix it... Took it to the dealership... I will let everyone know what the problem is when they call me... Thanks again for everyones help. My guess is the TIPM... any other takers?

Thomahizo,

Since we are only guessing I am going to say the remote start, if you have one.

Old 06-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Thomahizo

ok so they say its the TIPM... also they want $948 for a new one... I have found them for $550ish online but I am also thinking about running a relay.. But I gotta do some more research on that. I don't want to end up with an electrical melt down.

Old 07-01-2012, 02:01 AM
hauula_boy

Thomahizo

did you ever get your truck fixed? i'm having the same problem, turn the key and no crank at all. Everything else works, just doesn't crank. The red security light stays on when i try to start it. I went through all the battery reset tricks and also changed out the ignition switch. Still nothing.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Thomahizo

Originally Posted by hauula_boy
Thomahizo

did you ever get your truck fixed? i'm having the same problem, turn the key and no crank at all. Everything else works, just doesn't crank. The red security light stays on when i try to start it. I went through all the battery reset tricks and also changed out the ignition switch. Still nothing.
Yea i did its a temp fix tho.. I ran a wire from the battery to a 15 amp fuse to a $10 starter switch that i got at autozone.. then another wire from the starter switch to the starter... I still have to turn the key over all the way and press the button on the new switch to get it started.... But it starts right up... Good luck to ya.. Let me know what you do get yours running.

Old 05-15-2016, 11:18 AM
5too1

I had a similar problem i found that the 10 amp fuse under the hood in the fuse panel had no power going to it. The fuse is between the ignition key and the starter,powertrain module i was going to run a wire to the feed side of the fuse to the ignition start wire of the key switch. I probed the wires with my test light there's a white with red wire when i probed it with the key to start it reset my problem now everything is good. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: No Power to the Starter