3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help,advice and opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 01:06 PM
pony6088
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Help,advice and opinions please

Here is what i want to do request opinions and advice plz excuse my spelling.
Thank you weedahoe for all the help you have given so far.
I have looked at the RBP grills I do like them mostly because my ram is a lone star edition and it keeps with the theme. I'll give you a hint of what I have done and what I want to do and get your opinions on routes I should take. things I have done: i have a custom exhaust, flows that dump it has a good clean roar, not the loudest but i didnt want it to be loud i wanted it to sound clean not like a high school kid running glass packs. 20x10 machined rock star wheels w/ blue/black stars (custom) wrapped with 33x12.5 toyo open ctry M/T's. chrome bed rails and step rails. 2 12" subs in a custom fiber box under the back seat, touchscreen dvd/nav/sat head set. wood dash and door kit ( need to do a full kit). chrome out tail lights. what i want to do is : blue LEDs in the bed to light up my bed, blue LED in the wheel wells and now the rims ( like weedahoe), blue leds in the grill and strobe lights in the grill for parties, blue headers, star grill, blue aluminum pulleys and fan, possibly turbo charger or cold air, blue hoses, blue cab clearance lights, blue led under the tail gate, blue LEDs inset im my sub box to light up the back seat and same in front to light up the front, blue tinted head lights, dvd player in the head rest for my daughter and future kid. the dvd player has to be custom because im having REAL saddle leather seats put in, in 2 months lol the ones that need to be taken care of but dont crack and form to my *** lmao. chrome mirrors/door/ tailgate covers. id like to find a good horse power chip. in case you haven't guessed the truck has a blue theme but it is a dark grey. with all the lights I'm probably going to need a second battery. i want chrome battery holders. trying to figure out how to go about this. after it is all done my 5.7 will put out serious horse power and be capable of going off road and handle its own and then go to the street and turn heads. please give your opinion, blunt always works best with me i don't get offended. and suggestion about other things i should do to accomplish my end goal?

Last edited by pony6088; 06-11-2012 at 01:12 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-11-2012, 04:29 PM
freestyledude
Captain

If you're going offroad at all you're going to wreck a lot of that stuff you're hanging off the truck. Check the laws for lights, most cops aren't too happy about any light coming off the truck besides head/tail lights. I don't see a problem for using them at parties and such though, try to keep them well hidden.
If they're all LED I wouldn't worry about a second battery. If the stereo is big enough that may warrant a second battery. I'd do a 'big 3' upgrade as well (Google that one quick, more or less the same for all vehicles)

Adding a turbo is a lot of work, but if you've got the $$ and the time it's fun. Personally I'd go for a wet shot of Nitrous, these trucks will take a pretty good shot stock. If you go that route you'll want a custom tuner like a Diablosport chip.

If I were you I'd do some searching around on some of these things and see what others have done for each of these. Looks like you have a pretty solid plan so far on what you want to do, I say run with it!

Old 06-11-2012, 04:31 PM
freestyledude
Captain

-- double post --

Last edited by freestyledude; 06-11-2012 at 04:37 PM. Reason: computer glitch
Old 06-11-2012, 04:39 PM
SLT8
Record Breaker

Quite the project since your covering suspension/performance/cosmetic mods into your theme. Good luck and post pics of your build.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:41 AM
tneville
Professional

Sounds like a pretty solid project. Post pics of your truck so we can see what youve already done.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:25 AM
ewing111
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds awesome man, I would second the opinion about offroading, I would think depending on how you do the extra lights especially that those could get damaged with too much mud and gunk, other than that sounds freakin awesome. Post some pics!!!

Old 06-15-2012, 09:41 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

No problem on the assist. It's gonna be awesome truck

Old 06-29-2012, 04:23 PM
pony6088
Talking

hey guys thank for the encouragement as for the lights i think hat i have found a set with weedahoe that will be able to take it off road and survive. i am posting some pictures now again any advice on other things you think would work better than what i have mentioned i would appreciate it. i like the idea about the nitro i will research it. still in the build faze its not something i can do over night but it is coming along steadily. im looking for the best place to get the leveling kit right now. i posted pics of pre sound system ill post some post install later but the guy doing it is custom making my box and putting 4 new door speakers with their own amp and 2 12 in subs with thier own amp. he does this for competition i told him i dont want to compete but i want a good sound. hope you like the pics thank all of you for your support and advise

Old 07-02-2012, 09:23 AM
vietti
Amateur

I’m curious what type of oil you use? I have about the same miles on my hemi and it doesn’t burn a single drop of oil between changes every 8,000 . It has always had Mobil one..

Old 07-04-2012, 07:19 PM
pony6088

I use valvoline 75k high milage 5w-20 never had a problem with my oil my truck has 102k on it but in 2009 I guy stole my truck and totaled the engine so the engine doesn't have many miles on it bc I've been deployed to the middle east twice since it was put in I love this truck it has never given me any issues that couldn't be fixed by $50 or less at the parts store

Quick Reply: Help,advice and opinions please