3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Quiet Performance Muffler----> Answer Here!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 04:52 PM
alienyzf
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quiet Performance Muffler----> Answer Here!

If you are looking for a performance muffler without an obnoxious sound. Check out the IMCO performance mufflers. I had an IMCO that was too annoying for my commute and got in touch with IMCO and they replaced my muffler with a part # 7504 and now I have just enough rumble that is not annoying for your commute.

I have a single side exit without the resonator. My truck, which has the 3.21 axle and a hemi, gets a loud resonance inside the cab at 2000rpm which equates to 75mph. The 7504(elite series) does an excellent job of cancelling this. Brent Florus came through for me. I am sure he can suggest something for you.

Contact Brent.Florus@imcoweb.com for more info.

John

Old 12-21-2005, 06:29 PM
jeffjs
Professional
Default RE: Quiet Performance Muffler----> Answer Here!

I've done a search in this forum for IMCO 7504 and the results only show your single post. Have you found a forum that more thoroughly examines this muffler, because I'm very interested in reading more? The flowmasters are too loud for me, and I'm not 100% I can live with any drone the magnaflows may have (read some good and bad reviews of both).

Also, do you have a sound clip from inside and outside of the cab?

Old 12-22-2005, 04:27 PM
alienyzf
Professional

I found out by trial and error. I had a 3 chamber that was too loud for me. the 7504 is a 4 chamber and it still has a drone at 2000rpm but it is not obnoxious. I sounds good though.

Old 12-24-2005, 08:36 PM
TerribleTom

Flowmaster makes a wide variety of mufflers., most people just look at there 40 series. They make a 70 series which is longer and the interior and exterior noise levels are approximately one third less than there 40 series, you can check out the chart at flowmastermufflers.com I ordered a 70 series to replace my 40 series. I'll let you know how it works out...

Old 12-28-2005, 06:54 PM
jeffjs
Professional

The flowmaster 50 Series HD seems to make sense, but not 100% sure. I've listened to all of the clips I could find and it still seems that each one is a little different.

I want something cheap, won't affect performance (no need for a gain, either) and is a little louder than stock when I step on it.

I don't want to hear rough rumbling when I am only doing 25Mhp in the neighborhood.

Old 12-28-2005, 08:38 PM
alienyzf
Professional

Everything you just said is why I had the muffler shop put on an imco. It is quiet running unless you stomp on it. It is cheaper than the Flowmaster with essentially the same technology with the use of chambers and such. It has a little drone at 2k but it is not unexpected. Above or below 2k at highway speeds and it is barely noticed. Email Brett.
He is a good guy and they are trying to break into the market and their product is good. I am not disappointed. Just make sure you get the number I mentioned or you will get what the shop carries and be dissappointed. Now get off your seat and stop torturing yourself.

ORIGINAL: jeffjs

The flowmaster 50 Series HD seems to make sense, but not 100% sure. I've listened to all of the clips I could find and it still seems that each one is a little different.

I want something cheap, won't affect performance (no need for a gain, either) and is a little louder than stock when I step on it.

I don't want to hear rough rumbling when I am only doing 25Mhp in the neighborhood.

Old 12-28-2005, 09:10 PM
Horseapples
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am a night worker,so i didnt want anything too loud when i come home in the middle of the night so i bought a 50 series flowmaster. It is perfect! no in cab resonance,but a nice throaty rumble when ya mash on it!

Old 12-29-2005, 12:54 AM
jeffjs
Professional

yeah, but what price was the flowmaster 50? I found the IMCO for $49 online. I will email Brett as suggested by OP. Thanks! Should be, what, $50 to install at local muffler shop?

Old 12-29-2005, 12:47 PM
jeffjs
Professional

Funny thing: the 7504 isn't listed on IMCO's web page http://www.grabthepower.com/elite-mufflers.html

Could there be a typo - their website lists an Elite 7404, but no sign of a 7504?

Quick Reply: Quiet Performance Muffler----> Answer Here!