3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ac question from a newbie

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 07:05 PM
nairb2580
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ac question from a newbie

i bought an 02 ram quad cab slt with the 5.9 about 3 months ago...the ac only blows cold on the drivers side so i did some searching on here and got some info that maybe the blend door needed replacing so i tore into it and when i have the ac on max it goes back and if i turn it to normal it closes so i am assuming its working properly...my question is what else could be causing the air to blow warm on the passenger side and cold on the drivers side. any info is greatly appreciated! TIA!
Brian

Old 07-08-2012, 09:53 PM
That1guy
Veteran

There are several doors that control where the air goes. The blend door does hot and cold. I believe there is two of them. Then there is a recirculate door that controls whether it pulls air from outside or in. Then there is a few that control defrost, floor, vent etc... You will have to test all the doors and see if they are broke. The motors are pretty stout. Usually the door breaks off and no longer turns.

Old 01-30-2019, 12:42 PM
nairb2580

It's been awhile. I no longer have the truck but in case someone else has this issue, I fixed it by adding Freon.

Quick Reply: ac question from a newbie