3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2500 Coilsprings on my RWD 1500: Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 09:27 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I've got a 16ft trailer with brakes and yeah, my truck used to brake fine also. Just like everyone else's here on the board. But now it brakes MUCH better than stock. It's night and day.

So I think you got you riding and stowing stance concluded. We have identified the fact that you can't physically increase the towing capacity of your truck and in doing so still, you will decrease the overall like of the power and drive train. The only thing that you can do to decrease the strain is change to a lower gear so when at low speeds the power and drive train do not have to work as hard to get to a cruising speed.

This kinda reminds me of something I seen the other day. I was going down the expressway and seen an Intrepid pulling a Ford Dually with a tow strap. Thank God they weren't using a different chain to pull but can you imagine the strain on that engine and trans? Not good at all.

Old 07-15-2012, 02:29 PM
SlowCivicHmm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll look into gears next....

So could anyone confirm my part # and where to get new springs like I asked on my original post?!?

Old 07-15-2012, 02:36 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

In all my years, I've never known anyone to put 2500 springs on a 1500. Having said that, there is probably a reason why. If all you are doing is adding springs to lift then either get lift spindles or look into some CST Performance lift springs to lift and level the front end. Putting springs on the front end ist going to raise towing capacity unless you tow backwards.

Old 07-15-2012, 06:00 PM
SlowCivicHmm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Per search on here many have done it but can't confirm part#'s

I already have a lift.....just want more of a level look

So
Guess I'm leveling lift and done with he truck.....

Thx
For your help!! Much appreciated.......

FYI: it's not like I'm going to do this and
Start towing 2 cars.......I can keep a car track stock......that is all

Quick Reply: 2500 Coilsprings on my RWD 1500: Need Help