3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Daytona Functional Air Box

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 08:16 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Daytona Functional Air Box

An interesting observation... JR what makes you think that the HEMI in the Daytona is any different than all the rest of the RAM HEMI's? I was just curious why or how you came to this conclusion? Because from what I am aware of, aside from having a cat back exhaust there is no difference between yours and any other HEMI of the same year RAM.

Old 09-14-2005, 09:20 PM
badblackhemi
Rookie

i have the srt-10 hood on my hemi, so there is a direct intake system for the hood that allows air directly into the engine

Old 09-14-2005, 09:21 PM
Jerdog706

I'm with Viper on this one......MOST of the Daytona Package is "appearance group" items such as ground effects, non-functioning hood scoop, 20 inch wheels, a couple bandaids ( I mean graphics, lmao) and the Spoiler. As far as performance goes, the Borla Cat-Back is the big ticket item, and the only other difference is the shorter (3.95??) rear end gear. Dont get me wrong, mine is pretty damn quick for a truck, but I am unaware of any differences in the other Hemi Rams. I got impatient with trying to solve the functional air-box idea I first had when I bought the truck, so I hung the Mopar CAI on it and am very pleased with it so far.

Jer

Old 09-15-2005, 12:44 PM
jeroehner

Sorry, guys. . .I didn't mean to imply that the Daytona Hemi was any different than the other '05's. I guess I just have Daytona on the brain!!!!! . It's the 3.92 rearend that makes the difference. One of my associates has a '05 Hemi stock, and he smoked his tires for about 50 yards. We ran together, and I nailed him from the flag and left him in his own smoke. The Daytona didn't smoke. . .it just left him. I'm curious to see what the difference in performance will be when I install the JBA's. One thing, Jerdog706, have you had any problem with the spoiler interferring with the rearview mirror? I'm seriously considering ditching the spoiler for a SRT-10 spoiler. . .lower to the bed. I almost creamed a guy the other nite because the spoiler blocked the lights of the guy to my right []

2005 GoManGo! Daytona QuadCab
Hypertech Power Programmer III
Billet Hood scoop
SRT-10 RamAir CAI w/K&N filter
JBA middie silver ceramic exhausts
Ram seatcovers
Sylvania SilverStar Halogen Light Bulbs
Retrax Bed Cover
Rhino Lining

Old 09-15-2005, 02:40 PM
Jerdog706

I'm torn on the whole spoiler issue. I'm 5'9" and the spoiler sits directly in the center line of the interior rearview mirror, but I've driven tractor-trailers professionally for nearly 30 years, so I'm accustomed to not having an interior mirror at all. The SRT spoiler will still impede your view but in the lower 25% or so. I have contemplated putting on a Snugtop fiberglass tonneau and mounting the spoiler to it, so that when I remove the lid, the spoiler goes with it. I spotted a company down near San Diego that makes a fiberglass lid with about a 4" molded spoiler built into it. That lid, (if it isn't a pile of crap, or ludicrously expensive) would maintain the visual aesthetics of the Daytona, and get that Bed-Blocker out of the damned way. I will post a link on another thread because I want to find out more about this company.

Jer

Quick Reply: Daytona Functional Air Box