3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Newbee-First time Dodge owner :) With a question of course.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 12:12 AM
scrapheap51
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbee-First time Dodge owner :) With a question of course.

Hi all, I just want to introduce myself, I just accuired an (and forgive me if I get some info wrong) 08 Ram 1500 4X4. Has a Hemi motor 5.1, Disk all the way around. Badge state a Big Horn edition. I got a real good deal on it for under 10G so I could not resist. Has under 26,000 mi. But it was in an accident so some work needs to be done. mostly sheet metal so that is not a big deal. A fender and upper bumper. I never owned a 4x4 before and I did noticed that the drivers wheel was hit hard on a stump on the last accident. I have taken it to an alighnment shop and they could not see any apperant damage but they could not get it into specs. Being not familliar with 4x4 suspension I wondered if any of you nice fellows might give me some direction on what to look for. My initial inspection I could not see anything bent but did notice that at the upper inner tire is close to ball joint than the other side. I would say the tire was 1/4inch to 1/2 inch from it. Again I appolgize for the lack of info. I would also like to say never really checking out a ram before but these are one stout trucks! and the Interior is fantastic. But then again I did drive a mid 70's Ford LOL.

Oh by the way I am sorry I dont have a pic yet of her so I will tri to get one tommorow evening..

Thanks for Reading. Ron

Old 07-28-2012, 08:50 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by scrapheap51
Hi all, I just want to introduce myself, I just accuired an (and forgive me if I get some info wrong) 08 Ram 1500 4X4. Has a Hemi motor 5.1, Disk all the way around. Badge state a Big Horn edition. I got a real good deal on it for under 10G so I could not resist. Has under 26,000 mi. But it was in an accident so some work needs to be done. mostly sheet metal so that is not a big deal. A fender and upper bumper. I never owned a 4x4 before and I did noticed that the drivers wheel was hit hard on a stump on the last accident. I have taken it to an alighnment shop and they could not see any apperant damage but they could not get it into specs. Being not familliar with 4x4 suspension I wondered if any of you nice fellows might give me some direction on what to look for. My initial inspection I could not see anything bent but did notice that at the upper inner tire is close to ball joint than the other side. I would say the tire was 1/4inch to 1/2 inch from it. Again I appolgize for the lack of info. I would also like to say never really checking out a ram before but these are one stout trucks! and the Interior is fantastic. But then again I did drive a mid 70's Ford LOL.

Oh by the way I am sorry I dont have a pic yet of her so I will tri to get one tommorow evening..

Thanks for Reading. Ron
That is how they are. My tire(20" stock rubber) is a pinky finger away from upper a-arm/B-joint.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:09 AM
Dead2Fall
Captain

For a guy that always tools around on his truck you sure have some clean fingernails "clean"dog lol.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:45 PM
scrapheap51

Ok Thanks dirtydog, took the truck down this morning to have the drivers front tire removed and replaced due to a deep cut in the side wall and to have what I thought was gravel inside removed, but it turned out that the tire was hit hard enought to disinergrate the sensor inside. So I had them install a new sensor in the tire but the light sensor still lit after taking a drive down to Albany and back. So I guess I need to check tire pressure to make sure they are all the same or do I have to do a trick to it to make it go out? Thanks

Old 07-29-2012, 12:11 PM
JMB3384
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dead2Fall
For a guy that always tools around on his truck you sure have some clean fingernails "clean"dog lol.
LMAO... too funny

Quick Reply: Newbee-First time Dodge owner :) With a question of course.