3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Just changed coolant.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 06:40 PM
vengeancex
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just changed coolant.

Hey fellas, I just changed the coolant in my truck, it was all.. yucky looking, but nothing bad came out. Came out all good, nothing clogged. I didn't do a complete flush, didn't have the time. But, everythings all clean. Now, I filled it up with coolant, ran it. Filled it up more, let it get the air out. I let the truck idle and it went up to about 230.. drove it around and it stayed at about 205-210. I haven't checked the coolant recently cause it's been a bit hot. But does it usually take a bit for the air to completely get out? Cause it shouldn't be idling at 230. I didn't use the mopar coolant they recommend, I have the 50/50 prestone HOAT.

I'm also thinking that I should replace my thermostat with a 180.. I don't know if its ever been replaced before. I heard they're a pain to replace in the 4.7

Last edited by vengeancex; 07-29-2012 at 07:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Just changed coolant.