3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Headlight Adjustment Troubles

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 08:52 AM
Hoosier BigHorn
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight Adjustment Troubles

I was attempting to adjust my headlights due to the truck now being leveled, and the driver's side adjusted fine, but I was not able to adjust the passenger side. It seems like the head of the adjustment screw is stripped because my torx T20 bit just spins and it doesn't seem to engage the screw at all. What's strange is that I used my T15 bit to adjust the driver's side, but it's too small for the passenger side, and the T25 is too big. So I'm a little stumped. Is there any other way to turn the adjustment screw?

Old 08-28-2012, 08:23 AM
Hoosier BigHorn
Rookie

Anybody?

Old 08-28-2012, 11:31 AM
1ATony
Former Vendor

It looks like on the back of that headlight there's a long adjusting screw, is there a way to slip a pair of needle nose vise grips in there so that you can turn it?

Old 08-28-2012, 01:42 PM
Hoosier BigHorn
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1ATony
It looks like on the back of that headlight there's a long adjusting screw, is there a way to slip a pair of needle nose vise grips in there so that you can turn it?
I did try putting a pair of pliers, standard not needle nose, on it but couldn't get it to turn with that either. It would bend a little, but not turn, and I didn't want to crank on it too much because I was afraid I would break it.

If the piece of plastic that surrounds the head of the adjustment screw had a bigger opening it looks like I could get a socket on it, but there's just not enough clearance as it is. I might spray it down with Blaster and see if that loosens anything up.

Quick Reply: Headlight Adjustment Troubles