3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

fuel filter under gas tank?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 09:22 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: fuel filter under gas tank?

The Hemi is probably the easiest engine there is to change oil on!!! seriously!!!
They even have the filter mounted in the front of the engine where you can get at it and it has a nifty drain ramp so the oil goes right into the pan. The filler neck is large enough that you don't need a funnel, just pour right in. I know that it takes some time and you gotta laydown and all, but when your done, you know its done right. The hardest thing to do is greasing the cv slip joint on the front drive line (4x4) but that only takes a minute or two. You can easily change the oil grease the two zerks and the cv in less than an hour. Plus while you are down there, look around and see if anything else looks "funny".
I did mine yesterday and found that the master cylinder reservoir has a small leak coming out of it, and the zerk on the passenger side doesn't seal up after its greased. Isn't warranty great!!!!

Old 08-30-2005, 10:27 PM
HemiBuell
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: fuel filter under gas tank?

I make so much fun of my friends who don't change there own oil. Don't be that guy.

Quick Reply: fuel filter under gas tank?