3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Superchips error message G-37

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Derekwh
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips error message G-37

I was trying to use my Max Tuner 3714 this weekend but kept getting a G-37 error message saying that my VIN was locked and did not match the VIN of my truck (2003 Ram 1500, hemi). I bought this max tuner new eight years ago and have never used it with another truck. I haven't been to the dealer so there have been no changes to my ECU. I called Superchips tech support and was told that my ECU was going out and would not hold onto its VIN. The best they could offer was a $75 discount on a new tuner. Has anyone had that problem and if so is there a way of getting around this problem? I am not about to spend $300 on another tuner.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:54 PM
Derekwh

No one has else has had this problem?

Old 09-29-2012, 11:59 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
This is a tech question and should have posted in the 3rd Gen Ram section. That maybe the reason you aren't getting any response. I will move your post.

Old 09-30-2012, 10:35 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I know there are error codes in the back of the SC manual. Did you look there? Also, go over to SC site as they have their own forums also and since they are more dedicated to SC exclusively, Im sure they would have more info on it

Old 10-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Derekwh

I called Superchips and was told that the code referred to the VIN not matching and if I hadn't used it on another truck or had the dealer flash my ECU it meant that my ECU wasn't holding on to my VIN. They told me that they no longer had the "machine" that would update my tuner. Though I would think a properly programmed PC is all that would be needed. Their suggestion was to buy a new tuner. I would like to find out if there is a hack or work around that I could use to make it work.

Quick Reply: Superchips error message G-37