3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

04 4.7l stalling

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 11:16 PM
cobra2411
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 4.7l stalling

Ok, my truck is possessed. Or at least it seems that way. Lots of issues and I don't know what's related or not but my main issue right now is that it'll stall if you engage the A/C at idle. When it does stall I get the following codes: P0645, P0627 and P0462.

A/C Performance, Fuel Pump Relay open/short and fuel level sensor voltage low IIRC.

Battery is new. I've cleaned the terminals and all grounds on the fenders. TB was cleaned 10k miles ago, plugs are new.

The issue started when I got a P0456 code - eval small leak. I was working on diagnosing that and the engine stalled and I got the above codes which is when I cleaned the terminals and reset the computer. The gas cap has been tested and is good and I couldn't see any obvious cracks/tears/rips/splits/etc on the vacuum lines.

The truck ran good but I didn't need A/C. A couple days ago I hit the A/C button and the truck died right away.

My other issue is the intermittent wipers are working - well, intermittently. Sometimes they're fine, sometimes it's low/high only, sometimes I get erratic behavior (2 swipes, pause, 2 swipes, pause, etc). It seems to happen when it is wet out.

Then I had an issue with the ASD relay clicking and something on the intake - IAC?? clicking/whining. Pulling the relay stopped it till the relay was put back. Disconnecting the battery fixed it till the key was cycled again.

I cleaned the fender grounds at this point and that problem went away. All relays test ok and I've swapped them around. I also have full battery voltage at the #30 terminal.

Truck starts and runs with no issues till the A/C is engaged. Not sure where to go from here.

Ideas?

Quick Reply: 04 4.7l stalling