3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help with choosing bigger injectors and tb to complement each other

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 01:58 AM
tronic
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with choosing bigger injectors

hey i'm pretty new on here, but i love everyones consideration and great ideas, and help, anyways, i have a 2005 dodge ram slt 5.7 hemi the bottom end is bored out .30 i have a k&n cai intake with heat shield true dual leading to x pipe back out to two seperate tailpipes with their own mufflers also a diablo sports intune programmer, ok here is what i'm trying to figure out, i see that there are some throttle bodies that i have been seeing around and hearing of people getting, pretty much an upgrade to 85mm or 90mm, i'm wondering if that right there is worth it, by itself, then also if its not i would need to upgrade my injectors, i would get a new fuel rail, and the upgraded fuel injectors for this truck have been giving me a little trouble finding info on what would be a great flow rate, so if anyone has experience or can help me out, that would be awesome, so i guess it goes like this

1.)throttle body by itself
2.)upgraded injectors by itself
3.)both together, and if so which would be the injectors i would want/need to get, thanks a lot guys/gals

Last edited by tronic; 10-11-2012 at 06:17 PM. Reason: misprint
Old 10-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go to this link and input all your engine specs.

It will tell you how to size your TB:

http://dairally.net/daihard/chas/Mis...aiThrottle.htm

Old 10-11-2012, 05:53 PM
tronic
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey thanks a lot, i'm pretty much set on the throttle body being 85mm or 90mm, i've been searching for what my trucks injectors flow stock, and what would be a great upgrade, i probably said it wrong, but that is a super cool page, if i don't know what stock is i'm clueless on what would be a higher flowing injector

Quick Reply: Help with choosing bigger injectors and tb to complement each other