3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Airbag light

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 09:27 AM
ttrap84
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airbag light

Okay so I have a small problem. When I start the truck after it has been sitting for a few hours my airbag light comes on on the dash and stay on but after driving for a bit if I turn off the truck and turn it on again the airbag light does not come on. I have read that it could be the clock spring but I have also read if it is that my Cruse control would not work and it does. So I can't seen to figure out what is causing this just wondering if any of you have had this problem and have any ideas on how to fix it before I take it to the dealer.

Thanks

Old 10-22-2012, 09:38 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ttrap84
Okay so I have a small problem. When I start the truck after it has been sitting for a few hours my airbag light comes on on the dash and stay on but after driving for a bit if I turn off the truck and turn it on again the airbag light does not come on. I have read that it could be the clock spring but I have also read if it is that my Cruse control would not work and it does. So I can't seen to figure out what is causing this just wondering if any of you have had this problem and have any ideas on how to fix it before I take it to the dealer.

Thanks
Well most scanners can't pick-up what air bag code it is so without knowing that I can't really tell you where to start.

A bad clockspring would likely cause other issues that is correct.

And to be completely honest, I DO NOT mess with any of my airbag systems EVER, if there is a problem with my air bag system the vehicle goes to the dealer and gets fixed by them, that way if one day (god forbid) I need those air bags to work, and they don't (god forbid) I have someone to blame instead of myself, and my insurance company pays out in full

Quick Reply: Airbag light