3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

07ram1500 trans acting weird in higher gears at cruising speed

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 03:32 PM
dougiedododge
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07ram1500 trans acting weird in higher gears at cruising speed

My trans is acting weird at cruising speeds.lately since getting cooler in the mornings it is not wanting to go into overdrive and jumping out of overdrive.I drive the truck super easyand have never been hard on trans.it runs through the gears fine.last night i was on interstate at 70mph and let of the gas and it dropped a gear kinda hard.anyone know whats going on with it?..id appreciate any help.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:23 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
Do you have a check engine light on? I will move your post to the 3rd Gen Ram section.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:39 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Change your trans and differential fluids and get back to us... If you've done that in the last 30,000 miles then I'd say head to the dealer and have them do a quick test drive to try and diagnose it..

Trans problems can be caused by a multitude of things but most of the time it's due to poor or improper maintenance, so get all your maintenance done if you haven't and let us know how she acts afterwards.

Quick Reply: 07ram1500 trans acting weird in higher gears at cruising speed