3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Which fuse for windows/switches?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 12:34 PM
GRNDPNDR
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Izero
okay well stop reading and get your **** in the engine bay and check each fuse....

I just checked and the 2002 only has the fuse panel under the hood, so look at the cover and check things that are abbreviated for Power Windows, Auxiliary, etc. etc.

If you got Solder on the wrong leads (which is why you should be using Flux) you may have sent too much power to the window motors and burned them out, but that would take quite a bit...

That is why with the switch plugged in you need to check to see if any current is going through the switch when you put the windows up and down, if you're getting current through the switch then you're problem is beyond the switch. Easiest way to check this is positive lead of your tester to the output wire going to the power window you are testing, and then negative lead of your tester to GROUND, set it to DC Current (or voltage), and press your switch....

Next step from there is to check if you're getting power at the window motor, so positive meter lead to the negative wire of the motor, and then to ground. Do the same thing with the positive on the motor to double check the wire between the switch and motor.

Look up ^^^^

I found the fuse, and replaced it....windows work now.

Now, I just need to not make the same mistake again. So I'm going to make use of the schools facilities and $4000 rework stations to do the job, probably next tuesday.

LOL, I just realized that your post is censored but the quote is not.

Old 11-21-2012, 02:14 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

saw that after I posted... I was typing while you posted your reply lol...

Quick Reply: Which fuse for windows/switches?