3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Excited new member

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 07:38 PM
Nellim
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Excited new member

Hello I'm new to dodge form and I'm very excited to join. I have a 2007 ram 1500 4x4.i have no aftermarket parts or upgrades, yet. I take pride in having a well running vehicle, but as of late it's been real frustrating. I hope by joining DF
I could get input and advice. My current problem is a knocking in the front end at slower speeds joined with a small shudder in the steering wheel. I have takin my truck to mechanic numerous times and he can't find anything wrong with it. I have had stabilizer links replaced,and everything checked and greased but no luck, can anyone help.
Thanks for your time,
Cam.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:03 AM
hibyte

Originally Posted by Nellim
Hello I'm new to dodge form and I'm very excited to join. I have a 2007 ram 1500 4x4.i have no aftermarket parts or upgrades, yet. I take pride in having a well running vehicle, but as of late it's been real frustrating. I hope by joining DF
I could get input and advice. My current problem is a knocking in the front end at slower speeds joined with a small shudder in the steering wheel. I have takin my truck to mechanic numerous times and he can't find anything wrong with it. I have had stabilizer links replaced,and everything checked and greased but no luck, can anyone help.
Thanks for your time,
Cam.
I'd be interested to find out the cause of this as I get the same on my '00 Dak QC 4x4 but its not constant.

Thanks

Old 11-24-2012, 06:38 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
Some of the problems i have seen is loose shocks, lower ball joints and loose bolts on the crossover bar ( just under the oil pan). I will move your post to the 4th Ram section.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:54 PM
plumcrazy73
Captain

An 07 is 3rd Gen

Old 11-25-2012, 10:57 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

^^^ Thats true.

Moved back to the 3rd Gen and welcome to the site

Instead of taking it to a general mechanic, take it to a front end shop that specializes in front end work

Old 11-26-2012, 09:51 PM
PostalTwo
Professional

look close at the lower ball joints maby there dry sometimes when they get like that they will make a "pop" "crack" sound

Old 12-30-2012, 09:09 PM
Nellim
Default Found the problem.

It turns out that the control arm bushing bolts were ceased to bushings. After removed I cleaned the bolt and found that it had corroded at least half it's diameter. Because bushing was ceased the strut had to be cut this added a lot to final cost but really worth it. Truck rides like new
Thanks to everybody for input and suggestions.

Quick Reply: Excited new member