3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

V10 Starter mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 08:33 PM
BlackV10Ram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V10 Starter mods

As the title says, what would you do first to make it breathe a little better? I've already altered the exhaust (read:Cutoff) and putting a cherry bomb in place of the stock catback. Also, I'm interested in lowering the truck, but the fact that it's 4WD might be a problem. I've done a search on lowering kits and haven't come up with any yet. Suggestions?

Old 09-12-2005, 04:57 AM
BlackV10Ram
Default RE: V10 Starter mods

ttt Anybody?[sm=helpout.gif]

Old 09-14-2005, 11:33 AM
Road Warrior
Amateur

ORIGINAL: BlackV10Ram

I've done a search on lowering kits and haven't come up with any yet. Suggestions?

Why would you buy a 4X4 and then want to lower it? Don't take it personal, just tell my why you would want to do this.
I've got a 4X4 that I take it in places that requires all the ground clearance it came with.

Old 09-15-2005, 10:25 PM
BlackV10Ram

The only reason I got it was because we bought it as a leftover stock for dirt cheap and a decent powerplant. It's purpose is a tow vehicle, so it sees no offroad use. The 4X4 part of it is something that nearly every Dodge comes with in Colorado.

Old 09-16-2005, 01:47 AM
Road Warrior
Amateur

ORIGINAL: BlackV10Ram

The only reason I got it was because we bought it as a leftover stock for dirt cheap and a decent powerplant. It's purpose is a tow vehicle, so it sees no offroad use. The 4X4 part of it is something that nearly every Dodge comes with in Colorado.

OK, makes perfect sense to me. I used to live in Ft. Collins, spent about 9 years there. I worked as a field service mechanic on construction equipment and spent lots of windshield time traveling around northern Co. and southeast Wy. Never had a 4WD work truck but lots of times I needed it.

Good luck on finding what you need.

Quick Reply: V10 Starter mods