3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ssbc brakes

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 11:00 PM
1 bad bolt
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ssbc brakes

has anyone had any experience using the ssbc brake kits? thinking of getting a kit but not sure if i should go with the 3 or 4 piston kit and will the 14'' rotors work with the 17'' wheels ? my main goal is for the brakes to help stopping when i tow my camper " i do have electric brakes " already. . thanks for any info you can supply me with .

Old 01-06-2013, 05:41 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

If you want better brakes for a lot less, do like me and get a hydroboost and its master cylinder from a CTD truck.

You need the hydroboost itself, its master cylinder and the three hoses that go with it. It is a direct swap.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...er-brakes.html

Lots of pics HERE

Old 01-07-2013, 05:16 PM
1 bad bolt
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with that set up are you just gaining a better feel in the pedal overall ? or are the pads actually working harder to help slow you down ? may be a dumb question just trying to help understand your set up better compared to bigger calipers and 14'' rotors where theres more surface in the system to help stopping . thanks

Old 01-07-2013, 05:49 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Brake boosters work off vacuum. Hydro boosters work off hydraulic pressure. So overall there is better power applied to the brakes. I pull a loaded 16ft trailer a good bit and the rotating mass of my rims/tires are a bit also. My tires alone are 65lbs or so.

Quick Reply: ssbc brakes