3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:58 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting
Print Wikipost

Halo/Led headlights pics and install help

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 12:22 AM
Jaime068
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Halo/Led headlights pics and install help

I want to replace my oem headlights with halo/projector headlights. Are they just plug in play or are there modifications needed?...also please post pics of any aftermarket halo/projector/led lights any of you guys have gone with please

Old 01-11-2013, 11:39 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

The best thing to do is to do a HID projector retrofit and add halo rings and/or LEDs.

It might cost a bit more (depends on how big you wanna go) but the light output is much better.

With that being said, those cheaper ebay headlights are PnP for the headlights but the halos and LEDs have to be spliced into the parking light wiring or put on a switch

If you are interested in having your headlights retrofitted with HID projectors, let me know

See this link for more pics on what I mean

http://sdrv.ms/USO8g6

Old 01-13-2013, 05:57 PM
Me&MyMopar
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Name:  2013-01-06_19-14-17_189.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  161.5 KB
Name:  2013-01-06_13-44-39_196.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  163.1 KB

I just recently installed a set of halo projectors on my truck. I'm not impressed with the low beam output, but the high beams are brighter than stock. Also, my truck is an 07, these lights were made for the 06's, so I had to make something for the extra turn signal bulb. One other thing, the rubber gasket for the additional turn signal bulb wasn't thick enough, so there wasn't a good seal. Fortunately, I had just recently switched out the tail lights for the older style, because I didn't like the newer ones. I was able to get the thicker gasket I needed from the tail lights. I didn't take any pictures of the install, but very simple. I know your truck is an earlier gen 3, so perhaps the headlights available for those trucks will be brighter, but I wouldn't recommend them for the newer gen 3's if you're looking for more light output with the low beams

Quick Reply: Halo/Led headlights pics and install help