3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Noisy belt

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 08:29 PM
jbrod978
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noisy belt

New to the forum but my 03 hemi ram has had a noisy belt for months, I've replaced every pullie , replaced the power steering pump and replaced the alternator ,belt has been replaced twice in past 6 months , don't know what else to do ,thinking my power steering pump might be leaking onto the belt when driving but it will come and go every other day , pain in the *** and can't think of what else to do.the belt isn't as loud as before but it'll give some chirping here and there and sometimes stay for weeks.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:37 PM
joebaum
Professional

Is belt getting oily or wet? Take it off run it thru your hands if they get dirty
Something is contaminating it. What brand belt ? Don't waist your time on anything
But a gates IMO . I've put many brand / brand new belts on that weren't gates
Just to hear them make noise , always go back to gates.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:52 PM
jbrod978

theres no oil or anything getting on to the belt and i had a gates micro v belt on there for a while and it squeeked still, now i have a goodyear belt on it and its been quite ever since

Quick Reply: Noisy belt