3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transmission slip before shift

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 09:18 PM
badblackram06
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Transmission slip before shift

My 06 Ram 1500 has developed a intermittent slipping issue. It only does it before a shift. It will jump 400-500 rpms before the shift is engaged. This happens a little above 1/4 thorttle. If i'm in the throttle heavy, half throttle or more, the rpms will jump past 4,000 before a shift. I can let off the throttle and the shift will engage.

I checked the codes and got P0932- line pressure sensor circuit.. doesnt tell me if circuit is low or high. I think and hope it may be a bad sensor and its not letting the clutches grab with the right amount of pressure and causing it to slip. But i am no transmission mechanic..

Also, I reset the pcm and tcm by pulling the pcm fuse, putting on my seatbelt and holding the key to run until i heard two chimes. I drove it down the road and back to the house and it seems to shift normal. I checked the codes again and the code did not show up during that drive.

What do you guys think?
Any help would be great!

Old 01-19-2013, 10:22 PM
go-part
Former Vendor

http://engine-codes.com/p0932_dodge.html

You are right, it sounds like the sensor is bad because the transmission will grab the gear if you ease off the throttle.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:14 PM
Chase Lejeune
Rookie

Originally Posted by go-part
http://engine-codes.com/p0932_dodge.html

You are right, it sounds like the sensor is bad because the transmission will grab the gear if you ease off the throttle.
this is probably a little late since ive bought a new truck, but does that go for a 2nd gen as well? because i dealt with that on my old 96 for almost 3 years before i got rid of it, and if it was just a sensor, my jimmies will certainly be rustled.

Quick Reply: Transmission slip before shift