3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Understanding codes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 09:38 PM
03 RamHemi Toy
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Understanding codes?

I'm getting the code P0203 injector #3 Ctrl Circ. Does this mean the wiring is shorted or broken? Or can it mean a bad injector? It seems to me this would indicate a wiring problem but I'm not sure?

Old 02-04-2013, 11:51 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check the resistance on the injectors compared to the others, if #3 is significantly different I would say that it is the injector... otherwise you might have an exposed wire that is shorting to ground.

Gonna have to get in there and check it all out before we can tell you 100% what it is.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:47 PM
03 RamHemi Toy
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right on target

Originally Posted by Izero
Check the resistance on the injectors compared to the others, if #3 is significantly different I would say that it is the injector... otherwise you might have an exposed wire that is shorting to ground.

Gonna have to get in there and check it all out before we can tell you 100% what it is.
Yes Sir I'm sure my problem lies in the harness. Where can I get the electrical diagram?

Old 02-05-2013, 09:49 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can't know if the injectors are good or not without checking them so take the 10 minutes and check them with a multimeter... remember to disconnect the harness when testing them so you can make sure you aren't getting a false reading.

Service Manual is usually the first place I would look for the wiring diagrams.

You can download your FSM from Weedahoe's signature (he is a member on here)

There is also a website some people like:

http://www.rambodybuilder.com/yearold.pdf

Let us know

Quick Reply: Understanding codes?