3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

hum need mufflers...again...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 12:19 AM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default hum need mufflers...again...

Dyno max x ultra flow, 2.5 x 2 x 2.5 out dynomax mfflers x 2 2.5 in let 2.5 out let
Mangnaflow 2x 2.5 in let and 2.5 out let
Generic walker type muffler x1 with 2 x 2.5 in and 2.5 out let...
Ultraflow 2x 2.5 in let 2.5 out let... Thease have lasted the longest, now thier shot..

Back to square one on my true dual ex sytem thats turned into a abortion because I can't keep mufflers and Im tired of running down the list of after market mufflers...

No fiberglass packing, ( ie dynomax) and I seem to blowing out the bottom seams on the rear of the mufflers, regaurdless of the brand.

Mangnaflow sounded the best...

Is thier any aftermarket muffler brand that can last more than 5 years, I'm so tempted to buy cheap tursh mufflers, or glass packs ( yet fiberglass packing in thease puppies)

The ultra flows have a life time warenty, but I'm not found of thier sound, Im thinking I want to scare the crows 25 miles ahead of where im driving too...

on this go arround, Im putting the muffler or mufflers on my self, Im running 2 x 2.5 in let and out let with mufflers mounted on the side.

I have not yet used chamber mufflers....