3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Big Problem with my 2008 Dodge Ram 1500

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 11:26 PM
lovingram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Big Problem with my 2008 Dodge Ram 1500

Been having problems with my truck for a few months and it has been running very bad on gas for a 6,so had spark plugs changed then a coil of the #4 went bad.Keep in mind this truck has less than 40,000 miles on it,had a Diagnostic test done yesterday and the news was not good,they are telling me valves are not sealing internal leakages and fuel injector could be faulty and that with all these problems it's going to cost 2300 to 2500 to fix.What i would like to know does anyone know if any of this would be covered for my truck is on its 5th year?

Old 01-30-2013, 10:27 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lovingram,

I'm sorry to learn about the problem experienced with your Ram. The warranty does start on your vehicle's in service date (ISD). Therefore, I would not be able to confirm if the repair would be covered under the warranty as I would have to review the VIN#. The concern would have to be confirmed defective by a Dodge dealer, and it would matter where the vehicle is registered, ex. Canada or the United States, as the warranties may differ.

If you are seeking further review of your warranty information you can PM me or my U.S. counterpart, Chris, DodgeCares. You can also contact the Customer Care Department, both numbers are listed below.

Canada: 1-800-465-2001
U.S.: 1-800-992-1997

Last edited by DodgeCACares; 01-30-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:42 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Definitely contact Dodge Cares they have helped me a ton so far

Old 01-30-2013, 02:17 PM
Prismatic
All Star
Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts

I think it's phenomenal that a Dodge rep from both countries volunteers time here on these forums.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:41 PM
Izero
Champion

Originally Posted by Prismatic
I think it's phenomenal that a Dodge rep from both countries volunteers time here on these forums.

Definitely, you don't see that with other forums and/or manufacturers.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:24 AM
lovingram
Smile

Originally Posted by DodgeCACares
Lovingram,

I'm sorry to learn about the problem experienced with your Ram. The warranty does start on your vehicle's in service date (ISD). Therefore, I would not be able to confirm if the repair would be covered under the warranty as I would have to review the VIN#. The concern would have to be confirmed defective by a Dodge dealer, and it would matter where the vehicle is registered, ex. Canada or the United States, as the warranties may differ.

If you are seeking further review of your warranty information you can PM me or my U.S. counterpart, Chris, DodgeCares. You can also contact the Customer Care Department, both numbers are listed below.

Canada: 1-800-465-2001
U.S.: 1-800-992-1997

Thank you very much,we took it to dodge dealer and they told me i have something called powertrain that is covered for life on my dodge if it is internal.They are going to retest can call me later today.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:08 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lovingram
Thank you very much,we took it to dodge dealer and they told me i have something called powertrain that is covered for life on my dodge if it is internal.They are going to retest can call me later today.
Lovingram,

Thanks for the update! I'm happy to hear the dealer is looking into this further for you and now you know the remaining warranty.

Keep us posted on the final outcome and if you have any additional inquiries, feel free to ask!

Old 02-03-2013, 03:15 AM
lovingram

Originally Posted by DodgeCACares
Lovingram,

Thanks for the update! I'm happy to hear the dealer is looking into this further for you and now you know the remaining warranty.

Keep us posted on the final outcome and if you have any additional inquiries, feel free to ask!

Well the bad news is that it is not internal,it's fuel injectors 3 of them and had something black in my tank and that made my injectors go bad,they said most likely came from bad gas.So that cost me 1100 to get fixed but it is still not running right,it's find when it's in park but when i put it in gear and sitting at light the truck is still jumping,so said if it was still doing that by monday to call them back and that is what i'm going to do.Will post update later.Thx!

Old 02-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Izero
Champion

or someone didn't like you very much and put some sugar in there...

What did they replace?

3 Injectors?
Fuel Pump?
Fuel Tank?

Anything else?

Old 02-05-2013, 02:28 AM
lovingram
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Izero
or someone didn't like you very much and put some sugar in there...

What did they replace?

3 Injectors?
Fuel Pump?
Fuel Tank?

Anything else?

Well the engine light was coming on so we took it and had the spark plugs replaced but that didn't help and for it to be a 6cyl it was running bad on gas.Well the light was reset and came on again then took it back and they said plug 4 and coil was bad so replaced,the guy that works on my truck sent me to another shop and they run a diagnostic and it showed valves are not sealing internal leakage and fuel injector could be faulty and they gave us a price of 2300 to 2500 to fix,so when we found out we had powertrain that is when we took it to the dealer and that is when they done all that work and they said there was black stuff in the tank but didn't look like sand or that anyone could have put something in it.Dealers fixed those problems but when i put it in gear the truck was still jumping and i told them it is still not right so they have the truck back again.Just praying it's not going to cost me anymore money.Will let you know what they say about it later today....Thx

Quick Reply: Big Problem with my 2008 Dodge Ram 1500