3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How to: Underdash lights that come on with headlights and dome light

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 08:42 AM
Jessejames28432@yahoo.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great writeup Josh, I am needing some advice from some of you that has experience with this. I followed this write up to a T and got my lights to working but when i turn park lights or headlights on then all my interior lights come on as well as the ones under the seats and dash. I have tried different things to try and solve the problem but without succsess. Any help would be appreciated. The only difference I had in my 04 ram was the dim wire wasn't the same color. I probed till I found the one that dims and spliced into that. Thanks for any insight anyone can offer.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:05 PM
JoshuaAckley
Professional

thanks for the PM. I'll help you there, as soon as we find some kind of resolution, we should post it here in case others run into this problem.

Old 02-02-2014, 01:00 PM
Jessejames28432@yahoo.com

04 wiring is apparently different than the 06 you did write up on. Just tossing this out there for others that is considering doing the same. After trial and error I decided to go a little different route in the end. I have the On-Off-On switch as a manual ON, OFF, and then off until the interior lights are activated. This gives me the option of leaving it in one ON position and when I open doors or what not all my LED's will turn on and fade out when door is closed. Since I have a manual on I figured I would like this option best and not on 100% of the time when headlights are on. Thanks for the help and if anyone needs info just ask.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:43 PM
Barracuda556

good info

Quick Reply: How to: Underdash lights that come on with headlights and dome light